Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: Week 2

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Week 2

    Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    Watch out now, Region C favorite Giles got took the shed Friday. State runner up Floyd lost as did George Wythe. If I was picking today I would have GC vs. Essex in the state title game, but it's still early.

    Region D is still wide open in my opinion. I hope it is GC vs Essex in the State Finals but I just cant see it yet. Our offense still has a ways to grow. Deffense so far so good. Glad to see a real deffensive Coardinater in charge of our D again.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Week 2

    Quote Originally Posted by leb08 View Post
    I may be a Lebanon fan so my opinion is what it is "biased", most people who have hyped Lebanon aren't even from Lebanon. We have a good time that I think will surprise many this Friday. Not many gave us a chance last year either, and I know Honaker isn't the best of teams to base off this year but the things I saw that the game were good and only improving.

    Lebanon 28
    PV 20

    just my thoughts

    Who isnt a little biased? I never pick against Gate City no matter what. They could be playing the Dallas Cowboys and I would still choose GC.LOL! Will be picking them to beat South but knowing they will more than likely lose.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Week 2

    Quote Originally Posted by GC_Quincy View Post
    I'm not sure our offense will put up 24 points next week, but I'd almost bet my paycheck that Tazewell won't put up 38 at Legion Field. It'll be interesting to see how we hand Tazewell's spread compared to Richlands. Now two weeks from now, that's a different story.
    The only team I see scoring over 30 on GC this year would be either South or Bluefield.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Week 2

    J.I. Burton 35 Appalachia 12
    Clintwood 28 Haysi 7
    J.J. Kelly 34 Pound 14
    Powell Valley 28 Lebanon 21
    Thomas Walker 21 Castlewood 12
    Coeburn 42 Ervinton 7
    Hurley 42 St. Paul 20
    Holston 34 Twin Springs 14
    Virginia High 35 John Battle 7
    Gate City 17 Tazewell 7
    Harlan County 20 Lee High 14
    Richlands 41 Honaker 0
    Montcalm 27 Twin Valley 20
    Abingdon 28 Patrick Henry 14
    Grundy 35 East Ridge 14
    Marion 28 Northwood 7
    Cave Spring 38 Graham 21

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Week 2

    And you can do that. I just dont pick against them in the picks and wont say anything to someone that does. Was just agreeing with Leb. I wont bet my check because I dont bet period. You pick how you want to and I will pick how I want to.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member leb08's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2008
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Week 2

    I always choose for my home team as well, its only been since my senior year that I have become such a avid football fan. I wrestled for lebanon and hope one day we can bring our 1st title home in wrestling and in football.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Week 2

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    sorry, this was directed to someone else. once I saw that I placed my response in the wrong place I deleted it.

    Thats alright. I'll take it out of my post for ya.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Week 2

    Quote Originally Posted by joe morgan View Post
    So you are not even picking your own team to win?
    It's good to see someone not be a homer. By the screen name, I'd assume it's his former team even though he might still pull for them.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Week 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    It's good to see someone not be a homer. By the screen name, I'd assume it's his former team even though he might still pull for them.

    You're the biggest Homer in D.ickenson County!

  10. #30
    Inactive Member JEG_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2009
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Week 2

    IM wondering folks is there quite a bit of LPD bias in the room here! How is people just giving Lebanon no respect! defending REGion D div 2 champs, they have nearly returned everyone and i believe are loaded to make a deep run in div.2 in the playoffs ! Now im in no way a Lebanon fan ,I just see a lot of disrespect for Lebanon! I'm tellin you folks the LPD is no longer where it is at in Div.2 ! im tellin ya LEBANON and GATE CITY both are for real!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •